Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 1 - Time to get serious about a change


Last year, I had some health issues. I was labeled as pre-diabetic and I weighed in at a whopping 314 pounds at my heaviest. Well, the fear that the doctor put in me about the health risks I was causing myself, caused me to get my ass in gear. I lost 40 pounds over the following 4 months and life was good. Then it got cold and I started making excuses about not going out to exercise again and today, I have put most of my weight back on and am at 295 pounds.

Well, I am officially sick of this and it is honestly time for a change. I am not nearly as unhealthy as I was this time last year. I go to the gym about 4 times a week, I play soccer every Sunday but I am just not eating right. Well, with the help of my wonderful wife, that is about to change as well.

This blog to going to documnet my journey through this battle to reach my goal weight of 220. My plan is to go to the gym 6 days a week. Play soccer one day a week and then go back to cutting as many carbs as possible. That seemed to work for me last year. I am going to focus on cardio but I will also be lifting as well.

In the past year, I have quit smoking, quit dipping and I did that without too much trouble so there is no reason to believe that I shouldn't be able to change certain behaviors in my life that need some serious changing.

I just celebrated my 7 year anniversary. My wife and I plan on going to an all-inclusive resort for our 10 anniversary. I know it's three years away but I am hoping to be able to walk on the beach. take my shirt off and get some of the looks I used to get when I was an all-state soccer player in high school. I know I can do it and I look forward to sharing this with whoever decides to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment